Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tempt my tummy tuesday!!!


This recipe for sweet corn and squash gnocchi was one I stumbled upon, and when I was at the farmers market Saturday I got the local fresh veggies to put into it....When I made it last night it was a Zillion and ten degrees in the house. WOW! It was hot. So I sent the little's and daddy out to play in the shaded back yard. While I made dinner so fast! The big plus was our kitchen didn't get that warm. 
I love gnocchi,  I definitely haven't used it before. I have seen it packaged at the grocery store, but have never used it before. Now I am in love and I will be using it a lot more. Thanks to this new recipe, I will definitely be stocking up from here on out. More than just convenient, the brilliance of gnocchi is that it cooks in mere minutes, and the beauty of summer produce is that it needs next to no cooking. Combine the two and you have a lighting-fast, healthy, and—most importantly—delicious dinner on the table.                                                                                                                    
2012_07_09-SummerGnocchi-3.jpg

Gnocchi with Squash & Sweet Corn

1 (16 ounce) package vacuum-sealed gnocchi (from the dried pasta aisle)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 small zucchini, very thinly sliced
1 small yellow squash, very thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms. Fresh. 
2 cup sweet yellow corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
2 small cloves garlic, peeled and minced
Juice of  1 lemon
2 ounces soft goat cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh dill. 
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Toss warm gnocchi with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside.
Meanwhile, melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter in a large, flat-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Cook the butter until it begins to bubble and turn light golden brown, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn. Add the zucchini, squash, corn, mushrooms,  and garlic and sauté until warmed through, another 2 - 3 minutes.
Turn off heat and stir the cooked gnocchi into the vegetables. Add a generous squeeze of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with small hunks of goat cheese and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment