Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tempt my tummy Tuesday!



It's a cube steak kinda day. We are always so super busy on Monday and Tuesday dinners. Brock has Speech therapy on Monday's and then he has occupational therapy on Tuesday's. We need fast recipes that I can do while they play in the morning and most of these recipes have to be thrown in the crock pot.  I didn't use them as much as I do now. The crock pot has made it so much easier with the little's! 

                            Cube Steak


  • 3 pounds Cube Steak (round Steak That's Been Extra Tenderized)
  • 2 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 3 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper, Or To Taste
  •  Salt, For Seasoning Meat
  • 1/2 cup Canola Oil (more If Needed)
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter  
  • 1 Carton of mushrooms.
  • 1 Onion, sliced

  • 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (you need to you the Golden Cream Of mushroom soup.) If not it won't taste as well as it should. 
  • 1 Cup Beef Broth
  • Sour Cream (optional)
  • Cooked noodles or mashed Potatoes depending what you like best with your cube steak. 

With Medium heat in a skillet slowly heat up the oil. 

Mix together the dry ingredients.  

fry the cube steak on both sides. 

Put the cube steak on a paper towel lined plate. ( you will need to soak up the oil to not make it super oily.) 

 I like a lot of onion in mine (they will cook down a LOT!) so I often use at least two. 

Next, layer half of the browned steaks, half of the onions, half of the mushrooms, and half of the cream of mushroom soup. do this in layers until you run out of both. 

This makes a lot of sauce, so personally I like to have it over noodles so I enjoy serving it over egg noodles. It makes it more of a stroganoff. ( Which is my favorite food ever!) And I love this with sour cream; you could mix it in right before serving or just throw some on top of each serving. I can eat Sour Cream like yogurt so I needless to say that I love it with sour cream and you might not. 

Cook on the 4-6 hour setting on your crock pot. When you get home from your busy day it will be ready for you to eat. Make sure to pick up some yummy bread! 


Enjoy! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment