Sunday, November 25, 2012

Tree + Babies= Stress.

 

  What a wonderful few days we had as a family. Thursday was of course Thanksgiving and while the hubs worked the babies and I stayed home and played. We decorated the house a bit and went and visited my parents later that afternoon. The boys got to taste Turkey for the first time and a little bit of pumpkin pie and a little dab of home made whip cream.  When we got back I finished up the decortaion in their room................

Thinking that it would be neat to have the tree that we had at the ICN in between them, be in their room. I decorated it with all the decoration that they has last year and that they had gotten for their birthday a few weeks ago.
It has colored lights on it and I just knew that they would love it in their room.
Well maybe they loved it a little two much..............

I have been trying to let them spend time in their room. Small blocks of 5-10 minutes at a time so they can play in their room together. In this block of time I went and checked on them and they were playing with their block and the board books. I thought what a great time it would be to go and put the outside light on our deck. That it would be really quick and the entire deck would be done and the babies are doing so great in their room not making a peep...............

11 1/2 minutes passed but I had gone to the door, just hadn't opened it and they were giggling and doing their twin talk to eachother. All seemed good. Until I opened the door at that 11 1/2 minute mark on the dot and what did I see when I opened the door.........

The tree down. Stripped down to the bare bones of a fake tree. One baby had the beeds in his mouth, the other the stars........fake leaves everywhere in a big mess. I put them both in one crib and started to clean up the tree. They both scream at me like I have just stole Christmas. I am soaking wet because half way through putting the outside lights on BAHM! It starts to rain and I am in my socks and PJ's....(yes another no getting dressed day for me! Again Do not judge!) 

Then I start to cry because the guilt of leaving them alone and the what if's.... Oh my goodness the door rings and I answer it and its my parents!! Thank God. I sometimes can't do it all. There are many times that I completely miss the mark. MeeMa Grabbed one baby and Pop grabbed the other and I got it all cleaned up through my tear filled eyes.  I kissed both of my boys and told them how sorry Mama was. I should have realized that they were still too little to have that kind of stuff for decorations yet.  Maybe in a few years. I left the things that they can't reach in their room. The tree is now on my side of the bed in my room. It brings me a smile every night that they are healthy happy boys that are already on the road to distruction.  What a difference a year makes.
This is what I had in my mind that I looked like................yeah not even close.

0 comments:

Post a Comment