Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tempt my tummy Tuesday

Hey Babies, 


So today is tempt your tummy Tuesday and because I am starting to make your baby food and freeze it I thought that is where I will start this weekly blog post so lets tempt your tummy!

I have been collecting used baby food jars, cleaned and after the apple sauce was made, Because this is for the babies I didn't ad sugar, they wont need it and if I or my husband want to add some sugar we can to taste later.  If you are going to do this as baby food make sure you leave some room for it to freeze and un freeze so it wont break the glass.  Have fun!! Next week smashed Nannas! :) 
(thank you photobucket for the pictures)
  • 4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup white sugar ( I left this out )
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions * You can also do a few different ways depending on what you want to do. I have tried them all but this is a personal choice.*

  1. In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher. 
  2. This time I used the 30+ lb bag of apples from our apple tree that NEED to get used up so I took a chance and QUADRUPLED this recipe. My only change I used a more apples than called for (6-7 apples X 4). I now have an economical recipe for applesauce that tastes wonderful and EVERYONE loves! 
  3. I have often used my slow cooker. It takes about 4-41/2 hours on high. There is no need to mash the apples, they mushed on their own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment