Monday, March 21, 2011

Our first post to waiting for Baby G......Catching you up......

Welcome to my personal blog. This is going to be where I write about all the emotions that will come to becoming a parents through IVF. If you are just coming to this blog and finding out about this now, let me tell you the journey it has been to get us just to this point in our lives. 




In 5th grade when we did career day, I did my report on being a Mommy.  Two months before my 20th birthday I had to have a Hysterectomy with all those dreams being shattered. I knew that things would work out and being a pretty stupid. 19 year old, I didn't really know that this was what I would feel like years after this surgery. 




I was the crazy kissing girl that would run around and kiss and hug and love all the little kids in my family or in school..! Every adult that was a family friend of my parents or was part of our large family was loved by me and in my every day life now I love whole heartedly & sometimes to a fault but I would rather not be any other way then to love deeply! 




A few years past after my surgery when I met my husband Chris. He changed my world, being able to have a family with him was my hearts desire. We tried several different ways that we could to become a family. After years and years of doors being shut in our face with our dreams of becoming parents lessening with each door that shut.  Then an idea that started with a friend wanting to carry a baby for us, but after some thought and checking into a few things, we found out that it wasn't going to workout. I was talking about it one December night with my cousins  Sisters and Chrystal come up with the idea that she would want to do. Thinking that it was just blowing smoke, and very sweet that she would "say" such a nice thing...... Then my phone rang and she had talked to her Doctor and had the green light to do this. In shock we thought we knew everything we were told from the hear say of what a person would need to make a baby this way..... Boy we were wrong!

So Chris and I went to the PNW fertility clinic and meet with our Dr, & Resa the girl that keeps everything all together, and the finance lady that needs to be paid before we can even think of the babies to be a reality.  When we went to see what it is like to have the embryos transplant. A strike of a match light is what you see when the embryo attaches to the Uterus.  At that moment I knew that this had to work that this was the way in which we would become parents! 

All those closed doors and tears and heartache all lead me to this moment. To this baby of mine, you see if all those un answered prayers would have been answered this baby or babies that we are about to bring into this world would have never come to be. I'm blessed that Chris and I are going to be parents and look into tiny faces that will look back at us, we will be able to see his eyes or my nose, my fingers and his toes, brown eyes of mine with his hints of redness in their hair from him, grandpa's rut in her forehead like my Dad or the smile from my mommy. I look forward to many wonderful babies and a strong and wonderful family bond that they are being born into. 

With all the up & downs that have already come in this crazy world of IVF. I'm not someone that likes to wait and this is making me wait. I have no control on anything that is happening. This is a blog that I will be sharing everything about the IVF from start to finish. Then we will be writing about the motherhood & baby raising. I hope you enjoy this blog. 

Today Chrystal starts her meds!!! Having three people to make a baby. Chrystal is a strong wonderful women a mommy to two beautiful children. She is my cousin and her family is so important to me and Chris & I feel so blessed to be such a big part of that family as well.  Over the next few months you will hear a lot and see a lot of wonderful and amazing things about our families.... Prayers, happy thoughts and blessings please end our way! 

xoxo

Mommy G





2 comments:

Gretchen P said...

I am bawling!!! You are such an amazing lady and I am so excited for you. I look forward to getting to know you even more over the next several months. :)

Chrystal Barnett said...

You should have post a disclaimer "Do not read at work!" Gretchen I too am balling!!

Post a Comment